Job Description: Junior Designer
Kelly Rogers Interiors is a Newton, MA based boutique design firm focused on creating high-style, family-friendly interiors. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and detail-oriented Junior Designer to join our team, reporting directly to the Owner / Principal Designer.
- Record existing site conditions, including measurement, photographs, and field notes
- Draft floor plans, elevations, and create 3D renderings
- Assist with conceptual / schematic development
- Source and specify furnishings, materials, fixtures, etc.
- Obtain product quotes and lead times
- Create proposals and liaise with purchasing team to oversee procurement process
- Create schedules, packing lists, and other project-related documentation as needed
- Maintain project files
- Maintain and organize materials library
- At least 2-4 years experience in interior design
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing residential interior design projects, including renovations, new construction, and decorating
- Able to multi-task and manage or assist with multiple projects
- Self-motivated, proactive, flexible, and able work independently
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Advanced proficiency in one or more of the following: AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Chief Architect
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Must have own car and be able to drive to client job sites, vendors/showrooms, the Boston Design Center, etc.
- Must be able to work 35 hours/week (9:00AM – 5:00PM with 1 hour lunch break)
Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.