Job Description: Design Assistant
Kelly Rogers Interiors is a Newton, MA based boutique design firm focused on creating high-style, family-friendly interiors. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and detail-oriented Design Assistant to join our team on a part-time basis, with the potential to move to full-time.
- Record existing site conditions, including measurement, photographs, and field notes
- Draft floor plans, elevations, and 3D renderings
- Assist with conceptual development, and with sourcing furnishings, materials, fixtures, etc.
- Obtain product quotes and lead times
- Create proposals and liaise with purchasing team to oversee procurement process
- Create schedules, packing lists, and other project-related documentation as needed
- Maintain project files
- Maintain and organize materials library
- 1-2 years experience in interior design
- Bachelor’s degree (or degree candidate with requisite experience)
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and/or Chief Architect
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Willing to work remotely for first 3-4 months; at our new studio (under construction) in Newton thereafter
- Must have access to own computer
- Must have own car and be able to drive to client job sites, vendors/showrooms, the Boston Design Center, etc.
- Must be able to work 20 hours/week
Please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com.